Escape Room Rules
- Please put all personal belongings in the bins provided for you before entering the game room. All your items will be safe. Phones or other electronic devices aren’t permitted.
- The object of the game is to escape from the room within an hour by collecting items, identifying clues, solving puzzles and riddles.
- The game calls for observation, teamwork, creativity, communication and courage. The game is linear, so once you have solved one puzzle you are able to move on to the next one.
- It does not involve any physical or dangerous activity inside the room. This is an intellectual game. So anyone can do it easily.
- Some clues are meant for later stages of the game. If you are not sure how to use a clue, move on and come back to it when you have more information.
- Each key fits one lock only. Some keys may not fit any lock. You cannot use a key more than once. You cannot use a code more than once.
- Please treat the props with care. All you have to do is examine them closely and discover the clues or information they contain. Objects that are marked with “do not touch” tape are out of bounds and do not contain any clues. They should not be moved. Don’t waste your time on them, your hour goes fast.
- No external tools or brute force is required. No climbing on objects or doing anything to integrity of the room.
For your own safety, and the safety of others in the room, please do not bring any dangerous items into the room. The room will be locked, however, we will explain the exit strategy. You are not literally locked in, it is just a term for the game. If we have to open the room for any reason, like going to the bathroom, the game is over and you did not escape. There will be no refunds. Sorry.
Please nothing flammable, explosive or sharp in the room and certainly no firearms.
In case of emergency signal to the game master, and exit as instructed.
If you are worried about being locked in we would like to reassure you that you are only symbolically locked in, the door is closed, but you can open it at any time if you feel uncomfortable. We would also like to mention, based on our experience and many rooms around the world, guests who are claustrophobic have had NO problems at all and just had fun during the game, so don’t worry.
There are cameras in the room that we are monitoring at all times for safety. We may post some pictures as well. There is a countdown clock showing you how much time you have left. You are allowed to ask for a minimum of three clue if you are stuck (this may vary based on players ages and ability level). Remember the object is to get out without using clues, but if you can’t solve anything, you can’t get out.
- This is a game event where you are supposed to have fun.
- Gather items, find codes, and solve puzzles.
- Teamwork is vital.
- No electronic devices.
- The door closes at the time you signed up for, don’t be late.
- If you can’t escape, we’ll still let you leave.
- Wear comfortable clothes.
- You may not play if you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- You play Cosmic Escape at your own risk, we cannot be held liable.
- The rooms are equipped with security cameras.
- Please do not take pictures, make video or audio recordings of the game rooms.
- Cosmic Escape, will take pictures, with your consent to post online or use in advertising.
- Please keep clues, solutions and combinations a secret, so others can enjoy the game as well.
- Please take care of the room and the objects in the room.
- Please use only the pen and paper given to you to solve the problems and do not write on anything else in the room.